Friday, March 6, 2009

from my old blog

The unending care of Mam Mich .... Goodbye but see you soon


This picture was taken during the farewell party of BSN II-A for MAm Michelle... We will miss her sweet smile ...Thank you mAM

Saturday, October 11, 2008

movie review

Reaction Paper

The movie was all about the life story of Jose Rizal, the national hero of the Philippines. It covers his life from his childhood to his execution at the hands of the Spanish forces occupying the Philippines in the late 19th century. We are also equipped into the world of two novels of Rizal (filmed in black and white), so we get a glimpse of how he viewed Filipino society under the Spanish regime.

I really enjoy watching the movie because of its nationalistic theme and I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride when watching certain parts. For the first time, I enjoyed watching a film without getting bored. The movie has its own complexity and some see-through based on true fact, I believe that the fact that Jose Rizal did have a love affair with his cousin should not have been shown in the movie because it gives Jose Rizal a new and bad light after he kissed Leonor Rivera, his cousin.

As I am watching the movie questions was on my mind. Does his death trigger the revolution activities? Was it beyond his will, or did he want it to happen? The night before execution, the ghost of Simoun came out in his room, and urged him to rewrite the story. At last Rizal says "Let me have a rest. To know who I am." Then he rewrites the story so that the lamp explodes to kill many suppressors. I really like this part.

Since I first knew of Rizal in a book when I was Grade 2, I have had a question. Why is Rizal the National Hero, not Bonifacio, nor Aguinaldo? Rizal did little except writing two novels. Why? Watching the movie, I found the answer. Historically, his books and his death triggered the revolution activities. But true reason is, I suppose, that Rizal had a universal view on freedom and humanity.

I was impressed by the following lines: A) after having death sentence, his barrister says he is ashamed as Spanish. Rizal says, "No, we are the same human beings." B) In a Madrid pub, he says "Unless we first learn self-respect, we will not be respected by any other people. He was not a perfect man, nor his ideas. But he left something everlasting, that Filipinos can be proud of.

I really like the setting of the movie. The actors and actresses were very good especially Cesar Montano who portrayed the role of Jose Rizal.

This movie is a worth recommendable especially for the Filipinos who were not proud where they came from.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Nature lover

Don't ever deteriorate ou mother earth.
Remember the 3 R's Reduce Recycle and Reuse.
Conserve water and energy.
Plant trees.
Always throw your garbage in proper place.
stop illegal logging.
Never abuse the beauty of our nature..


Love our mother earth so that we can attain a healthy living.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Dream poems


My dear dream

Dream of sea, Dream of ships, Dream of huge ocean, Dream of men in unifom Its my dream, dream so different, Dream so new, dream of dark sky up above, Dream of sea so calm, dream of sea roaring, Its my sweet dream.Dream of men in white, in white applet, Dream of be one with them, Dream so sweet, wonderfull, specail, close to my heart, Its my sweet dream.Dreaming to get my dreams happen.Its my sweet dream.
- janet kavitha

Escape into the mind...a fantasy

I have a dream. My dream is a dream of purest fantasy. A dream that can only be dreamt by one who is deeply asleep. I dream this dream frequently and I'm sure there are many others who share this dream also. My dream takes me higher than the clouds, further than the horizon and faster than a gale force wind. I dream exuberantly and breathtakingly and I always wish never to escape from it because it is such pure ecstacy. Sadly, though, as with all dreams...it ends with a yawn and a stretch and a moment's sadness that it was JUST a dream and that is almost the beauty of it.
-Sally Clarke

You can go as far as your dreams can take you

You Can Go as Far as Your Dreams Can Take You
If you can reach out, you can hold on.If you can imagine, you can achieve.
If you just begin, you can continue.Search within, and you'll find a reasonto believe...
If you can get involved, you can make it happen.
If you can give, you will be rewarded with the taking.
If you can climb, you can climb even higher.
Envision it; your success is in the making.
If you trust the winner within you,you will win.
If you can keep your courage, you will go so far.
If you follow your ambitions, your coursewill guide youtoward a ladder that you can climb to your stars.
If you don't put limits on yourself, you can alwayskeep striving.
You might amaze yourself with whatyou discover you can do.
If you want to reach out for happiness,don't ever forget these words:You can go as far as your dreams can take you.
- Collin McCarty

No comments:

Post a Comment